Thursday, April 10, 2014

My grandfather was born, Ioro


My grandfather was born, Ioro'r Hendra, in Hendre Bryncrogwydd, the youngest of six children and the only son of William Rowland black house white market Williams and Mary Hughes. He had five sisters - Harriet, Maggie, Kate, Mary and Gwladys. I think also another son was born, but he died at birth. But I fywiodd Kate and Mary are far to 90, 100 and Gwladys date - when the fire has died at her home in Station, Cross, few years ago.
Grandfather was a very interesting man, and it's a shame he died due to incompetence of doctors when he was only 69, back in 1985, when I was to draw about 17. I would have liked to spend more time with him, because he was He has a wealth black house white market of old ghost stories and memories to share. There I have to settle for memories of hay harvests and so on, and for his interesting beliefs about the weather, and its unique vocabulary. Was when we haymaking he was going mad and raving and swearing if he was seeing "white crows" (seagulls) around the place, black crows walking in the grass had been cut, the blast of wind turn the windrow of hay and slugs in the grass because there was all these are signs that rain on the way. And every now and then I will come through the field grandma in the land rofar (the "Landi small") with buttermilk for everyone to yfad (she was churning butter cartra black house white market in fudda), and bowlan of corn flex to Grandfather (with milk right, of course). Will Grandpa stopped the tractor and llowcio'r corn flex in seconds, before firing the tractor again and go back to tier the grass ready for the belar.
As my grandfather else, put our elder d, in Valley Chapel black house white market (Methodist Chapel in Valley Prysor). He was an elder of a difference to my mother's father, however, black house white market because it was a little like having a pint and a smoke (if he manages to hide his ffags from grandma to throw them), and possess nature slightly wylltach - and also Over Liberal nationalist. He also sang with the Choir of the Britons (pictured, left) for many years. Bass was and a good one terrible back lot. He was a soloist with the choir, and the older members black house white market of the choir still remember closes his eyes tight and put his hands together as they sing how great you with a voice that filled the halls .
There are many secrets in the background of family ancestors grandfather black house white market (people who belong to us, but nobody black house white market knows how, but with a pretty good idea, if you're understood what I mean!) But either not to mention to is here. There are plenty of skeletons I do not go after them in my grandmother's family history also. Of Harlech sides came Dilys Williams, and her family of there today, and Stiniog too. A very hard upbringing as the son, but the real story is vague. I was brought up in a family where there were certain one of his siblings to their children actually eldest sister, and although it caused no problem to run them, there was something black house white market caused me to be more kindness Grandmother mother-and black house white market father-my grandfather was from parents Hendre than in her own home. In fact, he came to live at Hendre family to my grandfather, and soon she and Grandpa love. They had two children - my father Edward Rowland Williams (Ned) and Gwladys Eifiona - me and my grandmother black house white market had another child too, Harlech, Eirlys half sister of my father, who had three children, Petra and the twins, Peter and Paula.
As children we are delighted with roeddan 'Grandma Hill' and me I was and Manon, the oldest of my sisters, walked Frynclynog black house white market most days to spend hours with her - watch it churn butter, bread and so on punching . She was very dear to us, and can communicate well with children and, as seen better days she is still a bit of a child himself, really knows how our entyrtĂȘnio. She loves with us, and I think it's much more comfortable with children than with adults. black house white market I think she was hurt in her life, or be treated unfairly, with little love from adults, perhaps. But it was with her own children, the real character behind the shell. black house white market "Sugar candy lemon drops" we were her, among a host of other interesting names. It was hellish work hard, and as far as I recall, the only pleasure black house white market she had in life was watching Crossroads and "CoronĂȘshiyn" (Coronation black house white market Street) on the small black and white TV in the kitchen. On TV that I remember watching black house white market Andy Pandy for the first time - if not the only time.
I have wandered black house white market in Bryn we still felt (see photo, left, taken when he came over to visit relationship), because it is far enough from the main road, and there was this quite fascinating places to play in fields and Bryncelynog slopes - not to mention the old line, lake and forest hazel Rhuthlyn Glasgoed. More often than if

No comments:

Post a Comment